How can performance improve conversion?

How can performance improve conversion?

In this guide we’ll address the different ways in which a website should be optimized for performance to yield maximum conversion at the end of the funnel.

Discovery

New users discover a website mostly through organic search. This mechanism is greatly affected by website performance. Website crawlers have difficulty indexing slow sites that are loaded with JavaScript. 

Speed is also a direct ranking factor in website campaigns and adds. The first visit to your website is uncached. And so, this will be the worst possible impression of your site.  

For this reason, it is better to use tools that enhance fast loading times of your website. 

Engagement

You need to keep users engaged with your content 

A smooth, fast and responsive experience is key. While optimizing a website for discovery, you should include content that will keep users engaged.

Conversion

A user won’t buy stuff if they can’t click the Buy Now button due to lags and unrendered buttons. In general, it’s best to measure the average time it takes users to get from the landing page, to completing payment.

Re-Engagement

Only about 2% of users convert on first visit, so it is important to bring the other 98% back, and re-engage them with content. This can be done via mail or notifications.

Recap

E-commerce sites always striving for conversions. But every step along the funnel needs to be optimized for website speed and to minimize bounce rates.

For each step there are different things to optimize, different loopholes and vulnerabilities. 

An e-commerce funnel showing which metric to optimize in which step.